Length: 414' overall; 390' waterline.
Displacement: 3,635 long tons (full load).
Propulsion machinery: 2 x 1200psi 950° F. boilers; 1 geared turbine; 1 shaft; 35,000 shp.
Speed: 27 knots (design); 29 knots (trial).
Design complement: 21 officers; 235 enlisted.
Authorized in FY 1960 and again in FY 1961, she was laid down 9 July 1963 at Bath Iron Works, launched 17 April 1965 as a miscellaneous auxiliary (AG-163) and commissioned at Boston, 13 November 1965 as an escort research ship (AGDE-1). Her hull was a modified Garcia-class design with a shrouded “pumpjet” screw. Forward, her armament matched that of the Garcias with a single 5-inch/38; aft she carried a hangar and the helicopter deck.
On 30 June 1975, Glover was redesignated a frigate research ship (AGFF-1); on 1 October 1979, she was assigned frigate hull number FF-1098 in sequence after the Knox class. She also served as a sonar test bed for the Military Sealift Command.
Decommissioned 1 January 1993, she was sold for scrap in 1994.